Gorgeous Green House Tours: Mee's Homejungle

I'm starting off a brand new segment on my blog called "Gorgeous Green House Tours" which, you guessed it right, will be featuring the beautiful green, "plantiful" homes of plantlovers from across the globe.

Today, presenting the plantiful house of Miriam Schmid from Lucerne, Switzerland. How I wish our home had as many glass windows as her house does!

Mee began to collect plants only 6 months ago but her plantfamily is surely growing big and strong. She had 91 plants when I asked her to do this interview and by the end of the week, she has a total of 96 houseplants in her care! Her instagram account showcases snapshots of her stunning indoor jungle filled predominantly with large plants and vines - all looking so healthy and lush! So without further ado, I'm inviting you to step inside Mee's homejungle and learn a bit more about her love for plants.

meeschmid_plantlady indoor jungle
meeschmid_plantlady's house plant tour

Could you please tell us a bit about you and how your passion for plants began?
I moved a year and a half ago from the city to the house I live in now. I have never had a garden before but I started gardening as soon as I moved to this new home and it quickly became a passion. I love plants for different reasons. I am fascinated with what nature does. Plants have the power to change the energy in a room. Plants can make you feel calm, and yet give you so much power. I am fascinated with every plant I meet. Each one has a different shape, colour, pattern, and structure. Seeing them grow makes me happy. Plants are a miracle of nature.

meeschmid_plantlady's monstera deliciosa
meeschmid_plantlady's urban jungle house tour

What is your favorite houseplant, and why?
My big Monstera Deliciosa. it is so big and gives me the real feeling of a jungle. It is very easy to care for.

Which room in your home has the most plants?
My living room.

meeschmid_plantlady misting houseplants
meeschmid_plantlady's jungle living room

Do you have a particular routine in caring for your plants?
Every morning before I go to work, I spray mist them for humidity. In the evening I water my plants if necessary and mist again.

In your experience, what has been the most challenging/difficult plant to care for?
The Alocasia Macrorrhiza. The leaves turn yellow very easily if you overwater.

What plant is still in your wishlist?
Oxalis triangularis. Have to wait till springtime. Can not find this here now in my City.

meeschmid_plantlady's peacock chair and plants
meeschmid_plantlady's house plant tour

Where do you usually shop for plants or what are your favorite plantshops to visit?
Luckily, I can buy my plants at a wholsaler - Beck AG in Lucerne, which is in the same building where I work. They have a huge selection of plants and I get them at low prices. Sometimes I also see nice plants at Hornbach.

What tips can you give those who want to start caring for plants at home?
It is good to have a lot of windows. Plants need light. And I think it is the love that makes everything grow. You have to invest time to care for themand make sure that you have someone who takes care of your plants when you go on holidays. Finally, you have to do some research from books or the internet to know the needs of each plant.

meeschmid_plantlady urban jungle home
meeschmid_plantlady's houseplants

Mee's plant collection includes:
Hoya carnosa tricolor, Begonia Rex, Fittonia, Euphorbia Leuconeura, Lepismium Bolivianum, Calathea Warscewiczii, Ficus Lyrata, Alocasia Stingray, Aeschynanthus Twister, Hemionitis Arifolia, Maranta, Zamioculcas, Pflanze Fatsiajaponica, Begonia Maculata, Peperomia Carperata Rosso. Aloe Vera, and Succulents.

Do you recognize any other plants in these photos? Do you have these plants at home too? Which ones are your favorites and which plants are somewhat of a challenge to take care of for you? Would love to read your comments :)

No comments:

Post a Comment